Whether you have a dishwasher or not, here are some tips to reduce the environmental impact of doing the washing up...
- Make sure you fill the dishwasher fully to use energy and water most efficiently.
- Don't rinse your dishes before you load the dishwasher.
- Don't run the dry cycle - the temperature of the water should mean that your dishes will dry naturally if you leave the door open after the machine has finished.
- Invest in a newer, more efficient model with a good energy rating.
Washing up by hand
- If you don't own a dishwasher, using a washing up bowl (rather than keeping the tap running) will reduce the amount of water being used.
- To reduce the need to change the water in the bowl, wash the cleanest items (such as glassware and cups) first, followed by dishes and plates, and finally, pots and pans.
To find out how Penarth Management Limited can help you to reduce energy and be more efficient, please contact us at email@example.com or on 029 2070 3328.
* Source: www.statista.com/statistics/289151/household-dishwashing-in-the-uk/