What exactly is BS 10012:2017?
BS 10012 is a British Standard that provides a framework for maintaining and improving compliance with data protection legislation and good practice. The Standard follows the same high level structure as most of the other management system Standards, and has been developed to enable organisations to:
- Put a personal information management system in place
- Manage risks to the privacy of personal data
- Implement appropriate policies, procedures and controls
So what are the benefits?
- Compliance Use the Standard as part of your organisation’s privacy compliance framework, demonstrating your compliance with GDPR and the revised UK Data Protection Act.
- Risk management Identify and mitigate risks to personal information.
- Improve your practice Benchmark and improve your personal data management practices against recognised best practice.
- Gain trust Demonstrate your commitment to data protection and gain client and stakeholder trust.
- Safeguard your organisation’s reputation and minimise adverse publicity.
- Gain competitive advantage when seeking and retaining business.
If you’d like to find out more about BS 10012 and how you can implement it, please contact Penarth Management Limited today.