So why not see if our top tips inspire you to save the planet - and the pennies in your pocket. If you haven't tried them already, perhaps they could form part of your ISO14001 Environmental Improvement Programme.
- Make it a virtual office. Yes, really! The advances of modern technology mean that you don't always need to make a daily commute to travel to a central place. Empower employees to work from home and just get together when you need to. Productivity will improve whilst pollution will plummet, and you'll save on rent and service charges!
- Use Second Hand Furniture in physical offices that you have. This will save money and benefits the environment by reusing good furniture rather than depleting natural resources to buy new.
- Duplex Print. If you still need to print, reduce your impact by printing on both sides of the paper. (For a bonus tip - go one further and print two pages to a side AND do duplex!)
- Embrace Cloud Technology and reduce the amount of paper you need altogether. These days you can have permanent access to databases, accounts packages, compliance software and working files provided you have an internet connection. Gone are the days when you need to invest in big, bulky, energy sapping servers that need to be cooled. So you'll save a double whammy on the energy and gain more space!
- Turn off lights when not in use to save energy - and money.